The Bar U Ranch National Historic Site, with its original buildings and beautiful foothills landscape, offers a stunning location for wedding ceremonies.
Imagine you and your guests riding on a Percheron horse-drawn wagon as you head to that special setting: on the bridge over Pekisko Creek, at one of the heritage buildings or in a cottonwood tree-shaded clearing.
You exchange your vows and the ceremony is complete! Now is the time for some wedding pictures set against a variety of beautifully textured backdrops and scenes. While these are being taken, your guests can tour the ranch, visit with our interpreters or discover a quiet place of their own.
Horse-drawn wagons are at hand to return your guests to the Visitor Centre for the reception, to share good food carefully prepared for you. It sets the stage for an evening of celebration nestled below the majestic Rocky Mountains of southern Alberta.
- All decorations must be approved two weeks prior to reserved date.
- Visitor Centre receptions to begin after operating hours.
- Ceremonies may take place in approved historic site locations during hours of operation (9am to 5pm).
- All guests must be off site by 5pm.
- Special rate available for wedding guests to tour historic site prior to and after ceremony, up to 5pm.
- Outdoor ceremonies are weather dependent.
- Bar U Ranch NHS requests permission for use of your photographs for possible future promotions.
- Onsite caterer.
- Dining room seated capacity: 100 people.
- Spacious parking lot.
Please contact us for information on dinner buffet choices.
- Group wagon – capacity max. 18, provides transportation for wedding guests to ceremony and back to Visitor Centre.
- Wedding carriage – capacity 4, including driver and coachman, elaborate designed carriage.
- Wedding cart – capacity 2, including driver, smart and small carriage.
Find out more about weddings at the Bar U Ranch National Historic Site.
Check out our wedding photo gallery.