Element 06 – Murney Tower, Kingston
© Parks Canada
Built in 1846 on Murney Point, Murney Tower consists of the limestone tower with caponiers and an encircling ditch and glacis. The tower is 11 m high and 17 m in diameter. Murney Tower is located west of the harbour, and its guns were intended to cover the western approaches to the town. It is part of the Kingston Fortifications National Historic Site of Canada and is classified as a CRM1 resource.
|< Element 05 -
Shoal Tower, Kingston
|Back to Chapter 2 >|