- Data are considered to be accurate at time of presentation.
- A fiscal year of data represents the period from April 1 to March 31.
- Only reporting units with established recording methodology are included in the report.
Visitor attendance data does not include external programming activities such as visitation to schools, presentations to the public, etc. Trends in visitor data must be interpreted with caution. Significant fluctuations in volume can be attributed to many ad hoc factors such as flooding, fire, special events and weather extremes. These external factors should be taken into consideration before determining if a variation is statistically significant.
Location Specific Notations
- Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse are separate national historic sites. Their close proximity to each other necessitates the inclusion of their data as one reporting unit for visitor attendance.
- Glacier and Mount Revelstoke are separate national parks. Their close proximity to each other necessitates the inclusion of their data as one reporting unit for visitor attendance.
- Pacific Rim Reserve excludes Broken Group Islands, Willowbrae Trail, and West Coast Trail data.
- Prince Edward Island National Park excludes visitation data from Green Gables House.
- Trent-Severn Waterway, Rideau Canal, & Sault Ste. Marie Canal data represents land based activity only.
Specific Year Notations
The following locations contain 3 or more months of estimated or duplicated data: Prince Edward Island, Sulphur Mountain Cosmic Ray Station, Bar U Ranch, and the four contiguous mountain parks (Banff, Jasper, Yoho, and Kootenay) group tours youth proportions.
The following locations have revised their attendance methodology: Kejimkujik, Cape Spear, and the Sault Ste. Marie Canal.
The following locations experienced closures to part or all of the site due to renovations / repairs / extreme events / other: La Mauricie, Hawthorne Cottage, Fort Lennox, and the Fortifications of Québec.