The Saguenay–St. Lawrence Marine Park is recognized as one of the best places in the world for whale watching. There are 13 species that frequent its waters; 6 of these species are more frequently observed. Can you recognize them?
Discover three exceptional sites for whale watching from the shore. You will also have the chance to see seals and seabirds, and to speak with naturalist guides who are passionate about marine life.
Participate in interpretive activities and visit exhibits to learn more about the marine park's rich biodiversity and maritime culture.
Whale watching elsewhere in the vicinity of the marine park
Other locations and businesses in the marine park offer whale watching from the shore or by boat.
Commercial, school and corporate groups
Reduced rates and guided tours are available for groups. Reservations are required.Plan a visit for a group
Open from June 18 to October 10, 2022
Consult our schedule:
Entrance fees for the three interpretation centres apply. Admission is free for youth 17 and under.
- Activity offered at the three interpretation centres:
- Pointe-Noire Interpretation and Observation Centre
- Cap-de-Bon-Désir Interpretation and Observation Centre
- Marine Environment Discovery Centre
- Duration: 1 to 3 hours
- Accessibility: partially for people with reduced mobility
- Note: it can be cool by the river. Provide warm clothing and closed shoes, even in the summer.
ReserveReservations are not required.
Reservations are required only for travel trade professionals and school and corporate groups. Please see the following tab.
- Available in English and in French
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Suitable for groups of any size and independent travelers
- Parks Canada offers group discounts for commercial groups visiting its sites in Canada (from 500 visitors/year). Conditions apply.
Contact us for more information or to make a reservation.