The Saguenay–St. Lawrence Marine Park is undeniably one of the best places in the world for whale watching. Look to the horizon and watch as they come to feed a few metres away from you! You will also have the opportunity to observe seals and seabirds.
The coastlines plunge sharply by a few hundred metres, allowing the marine mammals to come very close to shore. With or without binoculars, settle down and let yourself be amazed by these majestic animals and their powerful breath!
To get to the observation site, follow the bridge to the lighthouse keeper's house and enjoy the breathtaking panorama of the mouth of the Saguenay Fjord.
From June 19 to September 6, 2021: Every day, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
From September 7 to October 10, 2021: Friday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday, October 11, 2021 (Thanksgiving Day): 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Entrance fees for the Pointe-Noire Interpretation and Observation apply.
Youth: free admission
Taxes are included. Pricing details
- Duration: variable. For commercial groups: 1.5 hours
- Accessibility: partially for people with reduced mobility
- Note: it can be cold by the river. Provide warm clothing and closed shoes, even in the summer.
Activity also offered at:
Reservations are required only for travel trade professionals and school and corporate groups.
Accompaniment by a guide-interpreter is recommended.
Contact us for more information or to make a reservation.
- Available in English and in French
- Suitable for groups of any size and independent travelers
- Parks Canada offers group discounts for commercial groups visiting its sites in Canada (from 500 visitors / year). Conditions apply.