Brave the cold waters of the St. Lawrence and explore the sea beds in search of polar stars and other curious colourful marine animals and plants.
At the diving base, you will first be introduced to the different species that you will be able to observe during your dive as well as the safety instructions.
Then, wearing the appropriate equipment, you will go to the launching area and let yourself be immersed in this underwater beauty.
This activity is offered in collaboration with the Fédération québécoise des activités subaquatiques (Quebec Federation of Underwater Activities).
From May 22 to June 13, 2021
Saturday and Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
From June 19 to September 6, 2021
Every day, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
From October 9 to 11, 2021
From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., except Monday from 9 a.m. to noon
The Quebec Federation of Underwater Activities reserves the right to cancel snorkelling at any time due to bad weather.
Self-guided Nordic snorkelling
Guided Nordic snorkelling
- Admission fees for the Marine Environment Discovery Centre
- Equipment rental (thermal wetsuit and boots, gloves, mask, snorkel, flippers and whistle).
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- This activity is held near the shore.
- No special qualifications are required.
- You must be 14 years of age or older, and there must be a minimum of two people.
- The activity is ideal at low tide, but it is possible to go at any other time of the day, during opening hours.
For tide times
- Diving base services:
- Equipment rental
- Changing rooms
- Other diving activities
ReserveReservations are recommended for visitors, but required for school, corporate and commercial groups.
Contact the dive base staff for any information or to make a reservation.
- Available in English and in French
- Suitable for small groups and independent travelers
- Parks Canada offers group discounts for commercial groups visiting its sites in Canada (from 500 visitors / year). Conditions apply.