There is one camping location in Fathom Five, on Flowerpot Island. You'll fall asleep to the sounds of Georgian Bay lapping at the shoreline!
- Park Map of Bruce Peninsula National Park and Fathom Five National Marine Park
- Map of Flowerpot Island
Info for Camping on Flowerpot Island
- There are six tenting sites on Flowerpot Island, each with a wooden tent platform. The sites are a short walk from Beachy Cove - the main dock on the island.
- Access to the island is by private tour boat from Tobermory, your own boat or kayak (experienced paddlers only).
- Before going to the island, you must obtain your camping permit from the Park Visitor Centre in Tobermory.
- Reservations are recommended and can be made beginning May 1 at 9:00 a.m. EST by calling 519-596-2233 ext 221.
- There is one composting toilet facility near the campsites.
- Carry your own water, or purify bay water.
- Bad weather can leave you stuck on the island for an extra day or two.
- The island is isolated, so be prepared with everything you need.
For more information about camping on Flowerpot Island, please contact the park.
Top Rules & Regulations for Camping on Flowerpot Island
- Most people visit the park for a quiet getaway. Excessive noise is prohibited at all times.
- To protect the park ecosystem, removal, damage or disturbance of any natural or cultural items is prohibited.
- Campfires are not allowed on the island.
- Keep pets on a short leash (3m or less) and scoop up after them.
- The Ontario liquor laws apply in the parks. Liquor may only be consumed at your campsite. Liquor is banned from the park on Victoria Day weekend in May.
- On each site, you are permitted: a maximum of 3 shelters (ie. two tents plus a kitchen shelter), six people (except for a family unit with unmarried children).
- Fireworks of any kind are prohibited in the park.
- Campsite check-out time is at 11:am.
- If planning to dive in Fathom Five, you need to register and purchase a Dive Tag at the Park Visitor Centre first.