Parks Canada student and youth employment programs
By working at Parks Canada, students have an opportunity to learn about Parks Canada and gain valuable work experience within the federal government by working on projects, research and other activities while developing and improving their employability. Many students find jobs in their area of study.
Students can be hired at Parks Canada through the following programs:
The Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP) provides full-time secondary or post-secondary students in a recognized academic institution with the opportunity to work in their field of study and develop their skills. To be eligible, students must be:
- currently recognized as having full-time student status by the academic institution in which they are presently enrolled;
- returning to full-time studies in the next academic term; and
- of the minimum age to work in the province where the job exists.
For more information about this program, visit the FSWEP Webpage.
The Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) program provides funding to organizations to deliver a range of activities that help youth overcome barriers to employment and develop a broad range of skills and knowledge in order to participate in the current and future labour market. Support will be tailored to the needs of youth with a particular focus on young people facing barriers.
For more information about this program, visit the YESS Webpage.
Parks Canada offers co-operative work terms for students in post-secondary co-op programs. Under these programs, students are offered paid internships while continuing their education and they must be registered in a CO-OP program offered at their accredited educational institution.
This program is designed to provide you with a student work term that:
- uses your academic knowledge in an actual work setting;
- offers insights into future career opportunities; and
- Develops skills leading to employment after graduation.
For more information about this program, visit the CO-OP programs Webpage.