2017 Calendar of events
- September 23: Lantern tour
Throughout the day:
- Interact with the historical re-enactors from the Victoria-Esquimalt Military Re-enactors Association and the Pacific Association for Recreating the Middle Ages.
- Make a button with the CFB Esquimalt Naval and Military Museum.
- Visit with soldiers of the Fifth Regiment and learn about the Howitzer gun.
- Snacks and hot dogs available from the Ladies Auxiliary food stand.
- Our mascot Parka will also pay us a special visit.
Grab your coats and step back into time as Fort Rodd Hill opens its doors for an exclusive, after-dark guided tour. See the gun batteries by lantern light and eavesdrop on re-enactors in uniform going about the daily activities of garrison life. Take in the sights, sounds and smells of life at Fort Rodd Hill during the period of 1897-1956. There may even be a few surprises along the way! Guided tours leave every 15 minutes from 7pm - 9:15pm.
This event is a fundraiser for our dedicated Victoria-Esquimalt Military Re-enactors Association (VEMRA) volunteers. Tickets available from the main entrance kiosk during site operational hours starting August 1. Purchase your tickets early for this ever-popular event. Cost: $10 per person, payable by cash only for VEMRA.