Summer on the West Coast | BC Ferries Coastal Naturalists | Explore
Gears, Gifts & Planning | Upcoming Events | Volunteering
Follow us on Twitter @ParksCanadaVan for news, features, events and opportunities.
Here in Coastal BC, the days are getting longer and evenings are getting warmer. Why not take advantage of the summer months and visit one of our Parks Canada places? Wander through history at Fort Rodd Hill, plan a day trip to the Gulf Islands, cozy up to the forge at Fort Langley, or head to Long Beach in Pacific Rim to watch the waves roll in from the Pacific.
Each of our parks and sites offers you a unique experience. Whether you are looking for a quick visit to a historic fort or surfing for the weekend on the coast, we can help you create lasting memories for you and your family.
BC Ferries - British Columbia Ferry Services Inc.
Discover the wonders of the B.C. coast with the Coastal Naturalists. This program offers BC Ferries customers the opportunity to connect with the coastal B.C. region, covering topics about the ocean, B.C.'s unique wildlife, marine life, and nautical and cultural history. Come on board to hear stories that connect Canadians and visitors to Parks Canada's incredible places.
Join us from June 24th through September 7, 2015 on BC Ferries vessels travelling between Tsawwassen/Vancouver, Swartz Bay/Victoria, Horseshoe Bay/West Vancouver and Departure Bay/Nanaimo.
Want to know more about the Coastal Naturalist Program? Visit us on Twitter @ParksCanadaVan for up-to-date information, program schedules and highlights.
© Parks Canada
Activities at our parks and sites continue all year. If you enjoy being outside, try the Long Beach Challenge at Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, or go for a walk in Gulf Islands National Park Reserve, or Fort Rodd Hill National Historic Site. Or spend time with family and friends cozying up to history at Fort Langley or the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Sites.
As spring nears, and nature re-emerges, now is a great time to grab your camera to capture some of the most beautiful places in our region. If you’re heading out to get photos, we have some tips to keep you and the surrounding wildlife safe during your visit.
© Parks Canada
Want to be equipped and look the part for your next Parks Canada adventure? Or thinking of presents for family and friends? Check out our Parks Canada merchandise.
After you've picked out your ensemble, download the Learn-to Camp and Heritage Gourmet apps to access to the best tips and recipes for your future camp out!
Dreaming of next summer already? Spend some time here for great ideas and information to help you plan the best trip ever.
To make reservations for Parks Canada campgrounds, oTENTiks and the West Coast Trail for the 2015 season please contact: https://reservation.pc.gc.ca.
© Parks Canada
- July 9: Sidney Summer Market, Beacon Avenue – Victoria
- July 12:Annual Vintage Cadillac Car Show, Fort Rodd Hill & Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites
- July 17 & 18: BioBlitz, Saturna Island – Gulf Islands National Park Reserve
- July 18:Parks Day – Intertidal Safari, Saturna Island – Gulf Islands National Park Reserve
- July 18: Take a Hike! On Parks Day, Fort Rodd Hill & Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites
- July 18 & 19:Learn to Camp, Fort Rodd Hill & Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites
- July 25: Pender Island Farmers' Market, Pender Islands Recreation and Agricultural Hall
- July 30: Sidney Summer Market, Beacon Avenue – Victoria
- August 1 – 3: Brigade Days, Fort Langley National Historic Site
- August 6: Sidney Summer Market, Beacon Avenue – Victoria
- August 23: Fab Forts, Fort Rodd Hill & Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites
Parks Canada's Urban Outreach Team aim to engage Canadians and promote our country's beautiful national parks and historic sites. They are proud participants in the following events!
- July 25 & 26: Caribbean Days Festival, Waterfront Park – North Vancouver
Get ready for a weekend of Caribbean cuisine and culture at Vancouver's largest Caribbean event of the year. Whether you're watching the multicultural street parade, tasting the flavours of the tropics or dancing to live performances by local Caribbean talent, there's something for everyone.
- August 1 & 2: White Rock Sea Festival, White Rock Beach
Experience 2-days of fun in the sun at the White Rock Sea Festival taking place along White Rock beach. Soak in the rays while enjoying live entertainment, tasty foods, sand castle sculptures and evening fireworks.
- August 2: 2015 Vancouver Pride Parade, Vancouver
Come celebrate the diversity of our community at the 38th Annual Vancouver Pride Parade. Over 650,000 will be watching as the parade goes through Vancouver's downtown core.
- August 8 & 9: Maritime Festival, Brittania Shipyards – Richmond
You're invited to explore all things waterfront at the Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site. Visit the heritage site to enjoy music, interactive exhibits, activities, performances, food and a lot more.
- August 13: Vancouver Aquarium After Hours, Vancouver Aquarium – Vancouver
Discover unique aquatic creatures at Sea Monsters Revealed: The Exhibition during the Vancouver Aquarium's next adults-only After Hours evening. Don't forget to visit Parks Canada to get a photo in front of the Green Screen or an airbrush tattoo!
- August 21: Science World After Dark, Science World – Vancouver
Experience Science World like a kid without the kids and visit the Parks Canada booth to explore Canada's historic sites and National Parks while you pose at the Green Screen or get an airbrush tattoo.
© Parks Canada
Upcoming Garry Oak Restoration Days at Fort Rodd Hill
- July 11 & 25
- August 8 & 22