You and your dog
We appreciate and realise that your dog is an important family member. You are able to have your dog with you in picnic areas and camping areas, and along any trails in the park.
However, there are a number of regulations pertaining to domestic animals while in Prince Edward Island National Park, including:
- Pets are prohibited on all Prince Edward Island National Park beaches between April 1 and October 15 annually, when the risk of wildlife and domestic animal conflict is highest.
- You must pick up any droppings from your pet and place them in a refuse container.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash (max length 3 m) at all times.
Please remember these essential points while in the park:
- It is important to know that dogs pose a threat to wildlife, especially young animals and birds, such as the endangered Piping Plover, that nest on the ground.
- Prevent your dog from disturbing other visitors. This includes barking in picnic areas, campgrounds, or at wildlife.
- Do not bring your dog into the washrooms, or any public building.
- If you have a service dog, please call (902) 566-7050.
Enjoy your time in the park with all your family members.