Cycling by the Sea - Gulf Shore Way
There is no better way to explore stunning landscape of PEI’s North Shore than by cycling the Gulf Shore Way. This seaside route is a recent upgrade to PEI National Park that offers a paved, two-way trail that twins the Gulf Shore Parkway, providing cyclists with a smooth surface and a mix of flat stretches and gentle rolling slopes. Wind your way past the iconic red sandstone cliffs of Cavendish, panoramic dunescapes in Brackley, the iconic Covehead lighthouse and six of PEI National Park’s breathtaking supervised beaches. With so much to see and do on route, you’ll love the trip as much as the destination!
NOTICE: The Woodlands trail will be closed until further notice. For more information, please contact us.
All trail distances are return unless otherwise noted.
For trail users, washrooms are available at beach facilities, picnic areas, and some trailhead locations during the following dates:
- Greenwich Trails - TBD to September 30
- Dalvay Trail House - May 21 to October 10
- Stanhope Beach - May 16 to September 15
- Ross Lane Beach - May 16 to September 30
- Brackley Beach - June 15 to October 19
- Cape Turner - June 14 to September 15
- Cavendish East - June 14 to September 15
- Cavendish Beach - May 16 to September 30
- Cavendish Grove - May 16 to September 30
Trails and other facilities at PEI National Park are not maintained between Thanksgiving and Victoria Day each year. However, visitors are still welcome to use the trails. During this period there is no Parks Canada emergency response.