- 983 Gulf Shore Parkway, Stanhope
- Lat.: 46.49726
- Long.: -63.408291
NOTICE: Due to construction delays as a result of severe winter weather conditions, Stanhope Campground will be opening on July 13th 2015. Please note that, due to ongoing construction, visitors can expect that some campsites will be unavailable for reservations for various periods of time during the operating season. Campers are encouraged to check the reservation service periodically as sites will become available as work is completed. Efforts will be made to minimize disruptions to campers during this transition. Thank you for your patience as we work toward an enhanced campground experience.
Stanhope Campground is quiet and picturesque and features over 100 sites. The campground is located along the recently developed Gulf Shore Way, a 10km multi-use trail ideal for cycling, inline skating or walking and is a short walk from Stanhope Beach.
The campground offers accessible sites, washroom facilities with hot showers and flush toilets, a laundromat and kitchen shelters. Inquire at the campground kiosk about our beach wheelchair that can be used at Stanhope Beach.
Detailed map (PDF, 121 KB)
General Camping Information
- Parks Canada operates Stanhope and Cavendish campgrounds in PEI National Park.
- Campsites at Stanhope are 100% reservable during the peak summer season, which runs from June 10 to September 6, 2015.
- Campers must also have a valid park entry pass for the duration of their stay.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am and check-in time is 2:00 pm.
- Quiet hours are enforced between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and cannot be left unattended.
- Pets are prohibited on all beaches from April 1 to October 15, annually.
- One vehicle is permitted per campsite.
- Maximum number of persons per campsite is 6.
- Interpretive programs are available at the campgrounds and throughout the park. These programs are free with a park entry permit and everyone is welcome to attend. Check with kiosk staff or the park guide for up-to-date information.
Details: Things you should know regarding Cavendish and Stanhope Campgrounds (PDF, 140 KB)
In addition to camping fees, daily park entrance fees apply. Daily park entrance fees are mandatory for all campers. For full list of fees visit this page.
Get the most value for your visit. A 7-day PEI Combo Pass is available. The PEI Combo Pass provides entrance for 7 consecutive days to PEI National Park and Green Gables Heritage Place.
To reserve your spot visit the Parks Canada Campground Reservation Service:
Telephone: 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783)
Reservations can be requested beginning on April 16, 2015.