Art in the Park - 2012 Summer Workshops
Boreal Beading - Sun Catchers with Pegg Campbell
- Saturday, June 30, 2pm – 4pm & Sunday, July 1, 2pm – 4pm
- Use the colours of the Boreal forest in and around Pukaskwa as inspiration to create a fabulous bead and chain sun catcher.
Panoramic Photography with Doug Gibbons
- Saturday, July 7, 2012, 2pm – 4pm
- Ready to photograph Pukaskwa’s grand landscape? Get tips on using your camera’s panoramic setting before heading out onto the park trails to practice what you’ve learned.
Lake Superior Drama with Lila Cano
- Saturday, July 14, 2012, 2pm – 4pm
- Get ready for your close up with an afternoon of drama games and exercises with Lila Cano. Develop dramatic techniques to use at a skit around the campfire, or to join Sunday’s play creation.
Pukaskwa Play with Lila Cano
- Sunday, July 15, 10am -4pm, with a 2pm performance
- Be part of a production on Pukaskwa’s shores. Under Lila’s guidance and leadership, be part of a Pukaskwa original production. Write, rehearse, and perform a short theatrical piece in front of the dramatic backdrop of Hattie Cove.
Pukaskwa Wild: Watercolours with Ron Vilim
- Saturday, July 21, 2012, 2pm – 6pm
- Pukaskwa represents the north shore as an icon of remote wilderness. Produce your own finished painting which typifies the remote landscape of the Boreal forest.
Photographing the Abstract in Nature with Julie Cosgrove
- Satuday, July 28, 2012, 2pm – 4pm
- Discover the bounty of abstract compositions found in nature. Chat with Julie about the qualities of abstraction, and use it as creative fuel during an afternoon of finding images in the wild. Looking along the shore, closely among the rocks and mosses, you will find and photograph interesting abstract compositions.
How to Write a Joke with Kyle Lees
- Saturday, August 4, 2012 from 2pm – 3pm
- Want to understand why we react to things that are funny? Or, spice up your vacation stories with a funny story? Join Kyle as he helps you take a funny idea and develop it into a fully realized JOKE.
Slate Pendants and Wall Plaques with Kathleen Baleja
Saturday, August 11, 2pm – 4pm
- Children and adults will both enjoy learning more about rock art and pictographs from around the world before creating their own slate pendant or wall plaque.
Photography and the Art of Seeing: Talk with Klaus Rossler
- Saturday, August 25, 2012, 2pm – 4pm
- Discover photography as a creative art form. Become aware of the often overlooked and natural beauty and recognize the building blocks of line, shape, texture, and their arrangement in the frame. Envision great photographs and learn the techniques to realize them.
Photography and the Art of Seeing: Walk with Klaus Rossler
- Sunday, August 26, 2012, 10am – 12pm
- This follow-up program will be a walkabout near the Visitor Centre and beach areas. Bring your camera for a hands-on photography walk with practical tips and advice. Go beyond “auto” and explore the creative settings of your camera.
Creating a Travel Sketchbook with Brenda Beattie
- Saturday, September 1, 2012, 2pm – 5pm
- A course for beginner - advanced painters on keeping a sketchbook journal. Discover art materials and a few basic drawing techniques using pencil and pen; learn about light and shadow, trees and plants, figures and animals. Practice 5 minute pencil sketches before heading outdoors to sketch on location with notes and stories.
Watercolours in Your Travel Sketchbook with Brenda Beattie
- Sunday, September 2, 2012, 10am – 2pm
- Starting with a quick review of Creating a Travel Sketchbook, discover watercolour techniques of washes, wet in wet painting, splattering, and pen with watercolour. Then head outside for a plein air painting session exploring trees, plants, skies, clouds, and water.
Note: To read the PDF version you need Adobe Acrobat Reader on your system.
If the Adobe download site is not accessible to you, you can download Acrobat Reader from an accessible page.
If you choose not to use Acrobat Reader you can have the PDF file converted to HTML or ASCII text by using one of the conversion services offered by Adobe.