New! Parks Canada oTENTik
A cross between a tent and a rustic cabin, Parks Canada oTENTik is a relaxing, easier way to experience camping. The oTENTik accommodations on park islands provide an ideal base camp and private retreat for paddlers exploring the Thousand Islands, or some extra living space for boaters who want to share a getaway with friends and family.
Thousand Islands National Park now offers Parks Canada oTENTik camping accomodations. Three oTENTiks are available on McDonald Island and two on Gordon Island, as well as five oTENTiks on the mainland at Mallorytown Landing.
At Mallorytown Landing, campers can try out oTENTik in a riverside, drive-up location. With just the right mix of comfort and simplicity, Parks Canada oTENTik will make you feel right at home, but far away from the everyday.
oTENTik makes camping fun and comfortable.© Parks Canada
Inside each tent:
- Sleeping area for up to 6 people
- A table and seating for 6 people
- Solar powered lighting
- Fire extinguisher, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Broom and dustpan
- Please note: there is no plumbing or running water in the tents
On each campsite:
- Tent with front deck
- Fire pit
- Picnic table
- Adirondack chairs
- Charcoal barbecue and food preparation station
- A large picnic shelter
- Washrooms (Mallorytown Landing) and composting toilets (all locations)
- Water taps (Mallorytown Landing)
- Firewood for purchase
What to Bring
Campers can drive or bike to the Mallorytown Landing location.© Parks Canada
(This list is not exhaustive)
- Sleeping bags, blankets and pillows
- Food, drinks, and a water container
- Cooking equipment, dishes, eating utensils and a cooler
- Slippers or indoor shoes
- Insect repellent
- Matches or a lighter
A Few Rules
In addition to the national park’s camping regulations, Parks Canada oTENTik users must follow a few additional rules:
- For your safety, no food preparation, food or drink storage, or cooking is allowed inside the tent. Please store all food and related items in the food storage locker provided.
- Smoking is not permitted within the tents
- Pets are not allowed in the tents
Access to the Islands is by boat only and the group is responsible for their own transportation.
For detailed information regarding Park facilities and services, please view the Facilities and Services Chart
See our park fees page for a full list of fees.