Leading the Way to Recovery
Proposed Recovery Strategy for the Massasauga (Sistrurus catenatus) in Canada
(PDF 2.6 Mb)
Proposed Recovery Strategy for the Massasauga
© Parks Canada
What is Parks Canada doing? | What is a recovery strategy?
What can I do to help? | Contact Information
What is Parks Canada doing to help this species?
- The Massasauga Rattlesnake is a threatened species at risk that needs our help to prevent it from disappearing in Canada.
- On behalf of Canadians, Parks Canada is committed to the long-term protection of the Massasauga Rattlesnake and is presenting a proposed recovery strategy to the public for input.
What is a recovery strategy?
A recovery strategy is a planning document that identifies what needs to be done to prevent or reverse the decline of a species. It sets goals and objectives and identifies the main areas of activities to be undertaken.
Parks Canada interpreter educating visitors about the Massasauga Rattlesnake. © Parks Canada/Scott Currie
What can I do to help?
Parks Canada wants to receive feedback on the proposed recovery strategy and its key elements; specifically:
- the population and distribution objectives (what needs to be done?),
- recovery approaches (how can it be accomplished?),
- and proposed critical habitat (what areas are important for the species?).
Parks Canada Agency Contact
To comment on the proposed recovery strategy for the Massasauga in Canada, or for more information, please contact Massasauga@pc.gc.ca.