This process is intended to fill existing vacancy(ies) and may be used to fill anticipated vacancy(ies) with the same work description, location(s), language requirements and FTE’s.
Position Title: Administrative Services Officer II Generic Work Description Title: Administrative Services Officer II
Location: Fort Smith, NT
Business Unit - Sub Unit: Southwest Field Unit - Wood Buffalo National Park
Language Requirement: English essential
Type of Employment: Term
Duration:From July 2014 to July 2019
Rate of Pay: (Based on full time year-round employment) From $54,543 to $58,764 per year plus Isolated Post Allowance
Work Profile: Provides specialized administrative services, support and advice in one functional area in a National Office, service centre or field unit corporate services unit OR generalist administrative services in multiple functional areas in a service centre or National Office.
Area of Consideration: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
Selection process Number:14.05.SWNWT.RM.T/Asg.C/OC.026ex
Applications must be received on or before July 14, 2014.
Contact: Garry Scott,
Manager, Finance & Administrative
Submit your application to:
By e-mail at SWNWT.HR@pc.gc.ca
By fax to 867-872- 4181
Your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet all the requirements for the position and must include: your résumé; your cover letter demonstrating clearly how you meet the requirements of the position; identifying your priority status in your cover letter, if applicable; indicating your preferred official language for correspondence and assessment; your personal record identifier (PRI); a copy of proof of education or certification.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the Education and Experience factors listed in the Statement of Qualifications (see below). Applicants must list both of these factors in their cover letter, and then write one or two paragraphs for each demonstrating how they meet these factors by providing concrete examples. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that these factors are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter.
Failure to clearly demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the Education and Experience factors found on the Statement of Qualifications (see below), may result in the rejection of your application.
Normally, applicants will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information.
Statement of Qualifications
Language Requirements: English Essential
Education: Successful completion of two years of an acceptable post-secondary educational program in accounting, finance, business administration, commerce or economics; OR successful completion of Introduction to Accounting and Intermediate Accounting plus an acceptable level of experience related to the position.
*Proof of education must be submitted with application. Failure to provide a copy of the certificate with your application will result in your application not being assessed further.
- The use of computerized financial systems and Excel software;
- The interpretation and application of financial policies and procedures;
- Providing financial advice to managers and staff;
- Preparing, monitoring and reviewing financial documents;
- Supervisory experience with one or more staff;
- Work with minimal supervision;
- Contribute and work within a team environment;
- Plan, organize and prioritize various responsibilities and tasks;
- Communicate effectively.
- A sound knowledge of generally accepted Accounting Principles;
- Knowledge of Administrative systems;
- Knowledge of Budgeting and costing.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize various responsibilities and tasks;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to interpret and relay objectives in a manner which results in achievement;
- Ability to network for results.
- Sound judgment
- Personally connects with others
- Shares Parks Canada Vision
- Make things happen
- Demonstrate Integrity
- Strives for excellence
Conditions of Employment
- Obtain and maintain a Reliability Status security clearance
- Maintenance of a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence (Class L,N or other graduated licences will not be accepted).
Operational Requirements The position requires the incumbent to:
- Willingness to travel in various weather conditions in northern terrain;
- Willingness to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and provincial/territorial holidays when required.
Selection Process Notes
Parks Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. We encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their cover letter.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.