Kejimkujik National Park Seaside
An authentic Atlantic experience awaits you at Kejimkujik Seaside. You can hike through a labyrinth of dense shrubs on your way to the coast. Gradually, the horizon opens up to an expansive view of the Atlantic shoreline with headlands, islands, and bays. Once you arrive at the observation deck, your eyes will be riveted by the pure white sweep of Saint Catherines River Beach. This shining crescent of sand will enchant you with its turquoise waters.
The real adventures still await you at the Atlantic’s edge – seals basking on off-shore islets, one of the last undisturbed nesting beaches of the endangered piping plover, rafts of eiders and other seabirds, waves crashing on granite headlands, an abundance of orchids, and the traces of the Saint Catherines River sheep farm.
Kejimkujik Seaside will invigorate your every sense.
© Oliver Woods
NEW! Gone Crabbin’: Citizen Science Seaside Adventure at Kejimkujik Seaside
Up for a salty adventure in a pristine and protected coastal estuary? Take part in this exclusive maritime experience and help protect native species from the invasive European Green Crab.
- The trails are not for bicycles. Out of respect for hikers, please leave your bicycles in the rack at the trail entrance.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. They can kill or harass wildlife and they may frighten other visitors. Keep your scoop handy. Cleaning up after your dog is required.
- Stay on the designated trails to avoid ticks – and also to avoid trampling the vegetation.
- In the open, coastal environment, protection from the sun is important, so a hat and sunscreen are recommended.
- Swimmers are cautioned that the water is cold; dangerous currents and strong undertows may occur.
- Hikers should use caution on rocky headlands. Unusually large waves can sweep people off rocks.
- To approach seals on the beach is dangerous. While black bears are seldom seen, they are often feeding on berries and insects. Please respect all wild animals by viewing them only from a distance.