Special Events 2014
October 3rd & 4th - Tepknuset Hunter’s Moon Celebration
Immerse yourself into the spiritual and physical excitement of the hunt when the full moon rises in early October. Presented in partnership with Acadia First Nation and the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada.
Friday, October 3rd
- 7:00 p.m. at Jake’s Landing “Sunset and Moon Rise Canoe Tour” with Keji Interpreters. Sign-up at the Visitor Centre or by calling (902) 682-2772
Saturday, October 4th
- 7:00 p.m. at the Amphitheatre at P2 in Jeremy's Bay Campground: Dave Chapman of the RASC and Keji’s own, Donna Morris, will present “Mi’kmaw Moons”, describing the connection between the astronomical cycle of the Moon and natural events through the seasons.
- 8:30 p.m. at the Sky Circle at P1 in Jeremy’s Bay Campground: “Observe the Moon” drop-in public observing with the Parks Canada telescope, Keji Night Sky Interpreters, and Dave Chapman of the RASC.
Phone 902.682.2772 for more information.
Enjoy the brilliant colours of fall and the annual pumpkin carving contest, haunted hikes, and take a dip at the annual Cold Turkey Swim. Donations for the food bank will be accepted at the Visitor Centre all weekend.
Friday, October 10th
- 7:00 p.m. The Sentinels of Time night walk. Join Brigid and Crann Feá for a magical exploration of the night at the Farmlands Trail. There is limited space for this supernatural event, so sign-up right away at the Campground Kiosk.
Saturday, October 11th
- 1:00 p.m. Test your skills in the woods the North Queens Ground Search and Rescue team AND measure your speed with the digital campground speed sign in the Sprint Competition. Everyone welcome at the soccer field beside P2 in the campground.
- 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Pumpkin Viewing Walkabout and Night Judging for the Pumpkin Carving Contest at Jeremy’s Bay Campground. PLEASE WALK! Parking available in P1 and P2.
- 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Haunted Jaunt at the Amphitheatre. Sign-up required at site 31.
Sunday, October 12th
- 10:00 a.m. Cold Turkey Swim at Kedge Beach.
- 11:00 a.m. Warm up at the Visitor Centre with some hot cider. Bring your own mug! Friends of Keji photo contest winners will be announced followed by a slideshow of the Pumpkin Carving Contest.
- 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Daytime Judging for the Pumpkin Carving Contest.
- 7:00 p.m. Hot drinks to take to the campfire provided by Friends of Keji at Merrymakedge Beach. No mugs provided so please bring your own!
- 7:30 p.m. Thanksgiving Awards Campfire at Merrymakedge Beach. Pumpkin Carving Prizes awarded.
Regular admission fees apply.
For more information, call (902) 682-2772.
In the community: