Terra Nova National Park of Canada
The Road to the Beaches
The historic fishing community of Salvage© Bert & Paula Roberts
The Road to the Beaches leads to some of Newfoundland's oldest communities. Explore the museums and interpretive sites, or learn first hand from the local people who are proud of the history and culture that have shaped their lives. Hike one of the many trails, discover a sheltered cove and sandy beach, or enjoy a majestic ocean vista. Here you will find conditions suitable for canoeing, sailing, kayaking, and wind surfing. It's all here for you to enjoy!
Below you'll find information on some of the attractions in the area. For more information, visit
, request a provincial tourism guide by calling 1-800-563-6353.
Eastport Beach© Parks Canada / Dale Wilson
Parks & Beaches
Spend a day at the beach. Enjoy the salt water and white sandy beaches of Eastport and Sandy Cove or choose the freshwater ponds at Crooked Tree Park (Sandy Cove) and Wild Cove Park (Salvage).
Hiking and Look-Outs
Take a leisurely stroll around Ken Diamond Memorial Park or a hiking adventure along the Old Trails. Whatever your interest, you are sure to find it on the list of local trails below. For more information, please pick up a copy of the Road to the Beaches Trail Guide.
- Ken Diamond Memorial Park (Glovertown)
- Eastport Beaches Trail
- Sandy Cove Look-Out & Hiking Trail
- Caplin Gulch Walkway (Sandy Cove)
- The Old Trails (Sandy Cove or Salvage)
- Salvage Trails
- Long Chute Trail & Look-out (Burnside)
- Bloody Bay Cove Aboriginal Quarry (Burnside)
Twin Rivers Golf Course© Parks Canada
Recreation & Attractions
If you are interested in water slides, go-carts, golf or theme parks, there are plenty to choose from below:
- Splash-n-Putt Resort (Traytown)
- Family Funland (Eastport)
- Terra Nova Golf Resort (Port Blandford)
Discover the history of fishing in Newfoundland or take a boat tour to learn about the aboriginal people who once lived where we stand. There is so much culture and history to discover. We recommend the following:
The Glovertown Museum© Mark Young
- Glovertown Museum
- House of Diamonds (Art Gallery)
- Burnside Archaeology Centre
- Salvage Fishermen Museum
- The Beaches Heritage Centre (Theatre & Art Gallery)