Sliding / Tobogganing
Only one area in the Park is suitable for tobogganing; the Patterson hill. This hill is located behind the Patterson shelter 2 km from the Pijeboogwek parking lot. Visitors who choose to walk to the hill are asked to follow the snowshoeing trail. Snowshoe rentals are available, please call ahead for availability.
For Your Safety
- Remember that you are responsible for your own safety and security!
- In case of an accident or emergency call 911. Be prepared for the possibility that you may have to wait for help if you have an accident.
- Cell phone coverage is not available everywhere. Pay phones are located at Pijeboogwek and at the visitor reception centre.
- Avoid hypothermia and frostbites by dressing appropriately. Be prepared for rapidly changing weather conditions. Check air temperature and wind chill factor before skiing.
- Make sure to tell someone where you are going and when you plan to return. Stay on designated trails.
- Check ice conditions before crossing rivers and estuaries.
Winter Activities Menu