Try hassle-free camping in one of our yurts!© G. Mazerolle
Stay in a Yurt
You would like to overnight in Fundy National Park, but would prefer a comfortable and hassle-free experience in this beautiful natural setting? Here is an offer you will not be able to resist. Come stay in a yurt at the Headquarters campground.
What's a yurt?
The yurt is the traditional dwelling of Central Asia nomads. Made to resist extreme climates, this circular shape abode has five basic elements: lattice walls, roof beams, a roof ring, a door, and a felt and hide covering. Since the 13th century, yurts have been used by nomadic horse herders as portable homes.
You will enjoy a great view of the night sky from the yurts! © Parks Canada
Fundy's yurts are a modernized version of the traditional yurt. They are cozy and warm with insulated walls and roof, and a propane stove. In the summer, the yurts are kept cool with windows, dome and door openings providing cross ventilation.
- Sleeping bags, blankets and pillows
- Food, drinks and a water container (Campground water is potable)
- Cooking gear, dishes and a cooler
- Slippers or indoor shoes - the first rule of keeping a clean yurt is to remove outdoor footwear
- Matches or lighter to start fire in the cook shelter
What we offer
The campsite includes
- Yurt (6 metres/ 20 feet in diameter) with a locking door
- Picnic table
- Two deck chairs (in summer)
- Parking for one vehicle
An insulated and heated service building containing showers, washrooms, clothes washer and dryer, sinks for dish washing.
A cook shelter with wood stove and split firewood are located nearby. There are lockable cupboards in the shelter. Each cupboard is colour coded to a specific yurt (example: red yurt = red cupboard)
Yurts are cozy and comfortable! © Parks Canada
The yurt includes
- One single-over-double bunk bed and one double sofa bed with mattresses
- One table with two chairs and two benches
- Three coat racks
- One propane heating stove with ceramic glass viewing area
- Three solar-powered lights
- One fire extinguisher
- One carbon monoxide/smoke detector
A Few Rules
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the yurts.
- Pets are NOT allowed in the yurts, with the exception of yurt 4.
- For safety reasons, cooking is NOT allowed inside the yurts.
- The yurt must be cleaned prior to departure.
- Rules that apply to the other campground sites also apply at the yurt sites. Please check General Campground Information.
- It is NOT permitted to use firewood in the charcoal BBQs. If you require charcoal, it can be purchased in the village of Alma.
- Fees vary depending on season. See fees for details.
The yurts offer a spectacular view of the Bay of Fundy
© Parks Canada / M. Rossiter
Reserve your campsite
Telephone : 1-877-737-3783 ou
Outside of North America: 1-519-826-5391
TTY : 1-866-787-6221
Camping in Fundy National Park