PARKS CANADA AGENCY
PLUMBER / GL-PIP-10
Type of Employment: Indeterminate, Year-Round
Location: Jasper Field Unit, Jasper, Alberta
Salary: $28.27 to $30.72 per hour
Summary of Duties: Provision of plumbing, gas fitting and related mechanical services for systems in industrial and residential settings.
Area of Consideration: Parks Canada Agency considers applications from all individuals who have legal status to work in Canada. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Quote Selection Process Number: 2013-PKS-JNP-ER-31
Closing Date: May 29, 2013
Language: English Essential
Your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet all the requirements for the position and must include:
- Your résumé;
- Your cover letter demonstrating clearly how you meet the requirements of the position;
- Indicating your preferred official language for correspondence and assessment;
- Copies of your certificates.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the Education and Experience factors listed in the Statement of Qualifications (see below). Applicants must list both of these factors in their cover letter, and then write one or two paragraphs for each demonstrating how they meet these factors by providing concrete examples. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that these factors are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter.
Failure to clearly demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the Education and Experience factors found on the Statement of Qualifications (see below), may result in the rejection of your application.
Normally, applicants will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information.
General Enquiries: Kim Rands, 780-852-6173
Submit your application to:
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
Language Requirement: English Essential
- In installation, repair and maintenance of water and sewage piping systems;
- In working with commercial and residential plumbing installations;
- In private sewage disposal systems.
- A valid Class 5 Drivers Licence or provincial equivalent;
- Journeyman Certificate in plumbing and gasfitting;
- Class B gas ticket.
- Of water, sewage and collecting systems;
- Of heating and plumbing installations;
- Of pipe system testing procedures;
- Of applicable health and safety practises.
- To use and maintain associated equipment and tools;
- To analyse and evaluate;
- To work with other trades when required;
- To perform manual labour.
Personal Suitability / Leadership Attributes:
- Exercises sound judgement;
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Takes responsibility;
- Demonstrates integrity.
Conditions of Employment:
- Security Screening: Obtain and maintain Reliability Status
- Must possess and maintain a valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s licence or equivalent;
- Willingness to work weekends, shift work, statutory holidays and overtime, if required;
- Must be willing to wear a Parks Canada uniform as per the uniform policy;
- Willingness to work and travel in varied terrain and weather conditions.
Parks Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. We encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their cover letter.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
Ces renseignements sont également offerts en français.