PARKS CANADA AGENCY
TERM Employment Opportunity
Highway Service Centre, Engineering Group Banff
Salary: $45,329 to $48,928 per
Summary of Duties: Provides clerical and administrative/operational support services and related information/guidance, typically in support of a specific function or a program area in a field unit, service centre, or National Office.
Area of Consideration: Persons working or residing in a 100 km radius of Banff, AB
Parks Canada Agency considers applications from all individuals who have legal status to work in Canada. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
Quote Selection Process Number: 2014-CAP-HSC-RM-020
Closing Date: May 1, 2014
Language: English Essential
Your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet all the requirements for the position and must include:
Your cover letter demonstrating clearly how you meet the requirements of the position;
Indicating your preferred official language for correspondence and assessment
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the Education and Experience factors listed in the Statement of Qualifications (see below). Applicants must list both of these factors in their cover letter, and then write one or two paragraphs for each demonstrating how they meet these factors by providing concrete examples. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that these factors are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter.
Failure to clearly demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet the Education and Experience factors found on the Statement of Qualifications (see below), may result in the rejection of your application.
Normally, applicants will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information.
General Enquiries: April Chruszcz, A/Human Resources Advisor, at 250-837-7531 or email@example.com.
Submit your application to:
By e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 250-837-7563
Persons who have received pay in lieu of unfulfilled surplus period, a Transition Support Measure (TSM) or an Educational Allowance and are re-appointed to the Parks Canada Agency are required to reimburse an amount corresponding to the period from the effective date of such reappointment or hiring, to the end of the original period for which the TSM and education allowance was paid. Please contact Marie-Claude Asselin, Human Resources Advisor if you are one of these individuals to find out how this applies to your particular situation.
Persons who are in receipt of a Canadian Government Public Service pension and are considering this employment opportunity with the Parks Canada Agency, should contact the PWGSC Public Service Pension Centre (1-800-561-7930) in order to determine the impact of an appointment on their pension benefit entitlements.
Parks Canada is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and strives to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society. We encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of a visible minority group to self-identify in their cover letter.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this process, please advise the organization's representative of your need for accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
In accordance with paragraph 8(2)(a) of the Privacy Act, information or material, whether provided directly by the candidate or otherwise obtained by the selection board, used during the selection process for the purpose of assessing a candidate may be used as part of the selection review and recourse processes. Such relevant information may be provided to third parties, such as other candidates or their representatives, who have a legitimate reason to be aware of that information.
Ces renseignements sont également offerts en français.
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
Language Requirement: English Essential
Education: Successful completion of secondary school education, or an acceptable combination of education training and experience.
Preference may be given to candidates
that have completed post-secondary programs in office, clerical, bookkeeping or other relevant disciplines.
- Experience in financial and accounting services including: purchasing, budget administration, and reconciling accounts.
- Significant experience using office computer applications to produce documents, store and manipulate data, and manage information (such as Microsoft Office Suite, and other industry standard applications).
- Providing a variety of administrative support services such as maintaining records, filing systems, processing mail, records of decisions and arranging travel/meeting logistics.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing work, meeting deadlines within an environment of changing demands, and conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of Parks Canada Agency; mandate, charter and programs.
- Knowledge of administration and clerical policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of information management systems, including computerized systems and databases.
- Provide financial support services, including tracking expenditures, monitoring budgets, accounts receivable, and reconciliation services.
- Analyse operational and administrative requirements and accountability; and organize and deliver support services to meet these requirements.
- Provide information and guidance on administrative/financial policies, procedure and practices.
- Summarize information/data; review and prepare correspondence, and reports applying established administrative methods and procedures.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Personal Suitability / Leadership Attributes:
- Effective interpersonal relationships;
- Ability to work effectively in an environment of continuous change;
- Judgement, dependability, motivation, initiative.
Conditions of Employment:
- Security Screening: Obtain and maintain Reliability Status.
- Maintenance of a valid driver’s license
- Willingness to wear a Parks Canada uniform when required;
- Willingness to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and provincial/territorial holidays, when required;
- Must wear safety equipment as identified by Supervisor.
- Willingness to travel, including overnight, off site and/or weekends.