Parks Canada oTENTik
© Parks Canada
Find a home away from home near the sandy shores of Clear Lake at the Wasagaming campground. Welcome to a whole new way of camping. No more squabbles over lost tent pegs, no more struggling to remember which pole goes where. Parks Canada oTENTiks blend the best of camping with A-frame cabins to create a spacious spot for you to enjoy the beauty of the prairies. Inside find three comfy sleeping platforms with space for up to six happy campers, a wood stove perfect for those cooler nights and a table with seating for six.
After a day hiking the fescue prairie spotting wild bison and moose, come together on the front deck for a BBQ and a night telling stories and singing songs around the fire pit. Relaxed, easy and no-stress camping for those who love the wilderness and their creature comforts too.
Parks Canada oTENTik – Discover a unique camping experience! © Parks Canada
- Available May 11 - October 8, 2017
- Reservations are highly recommended
- A damage deposit is required at the time of registration
- Maximum 6 people per site with a maximum of 4 adults
- Check-in time: 3:00 pm and check-out time: 11:00 am
What our campers are saying...
© Parks Canada
“Wow, what a great camping experience and a wonderful way to introduce our 2 and 4 year old to sleeping outdoors. We will definitely be back and would love to see otentiks built in more national parks. Thanks!” –Suzanne, Darcy, Emily and Will, Saskatoon SK
“Super fun. Makes for easy camping! Thanks Parks Canada.”
“We love this concept of camping! “– John, JoAnne, Sarah and Michael
© Parks Canada
“oTENTiks were great! Beds were comfortable, stove was great for atmosphere and warmth. Nice idea to have open fire and Gas BBQ options for cooking.” - Bob and Johanne
“Love oTENTiks! The woodstove is great and sleeping very comfy! Also as we found out there is so much to do in town on a cold rainy day! Thanks.” – Carol and Tom
Inside each tent:
- Sleeping area for up to 6 people - three sleeping platforms with approximately 2 queen sized mattresses and 1 double mattress.
- A table and seating for 6 people.
- oTENTiks 702, 703, 705, 706, 708, 709, 711, 712, 713, 715 contain a wood stove.
- All oTENTiks now have electricity and include interior lighting, small heater, and tamper-proof outlet.
- A battery powered lamp is provided for your use and you may use your own flashlights.
- Fire extinguisher, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Broom and dustpan
- Please note: there is no plumbing or running water in the tents.
On each campsite:
- oTENTiks 706, 713, 715 are accessible for those with mobility impairments.
- Tent with front deck
- Fire pit
- Picnic table
- Propane BBQ and accessories
- Parking for a maximum of 2 vehicles
- A shared kitchen shelter
- Washroom with showers
- Water taps
- Firewood for purchase
What to Bring
(This list is not exhaustive)
- Sleeping bags, blankets and pillows (Extra blankets and sleeping bags with a temperature rating of -10° C are recommended in May and September)
- Food, drinks, and a water container
- Cooking equipment, dishes, eating utensils and a cooler
- Slippers or indoor shoes
- Matches or a lighter for lighting the outdoor fire pit
- Camping chairs
- Briquette coals or long-burning firelogs are useful in May and September
oTENTik sites #702, #703 and #704 are separate from the rest of the oTENTiks and preferable for those wanting to reserve 3 oTENTiks side by side. Maximum of 6 people per oTENTik.
There is a very short walk from the driveway and parking area to the tents.
A Few Rules
In addition to the national park’s camping regulations, Parks Canada oTENTik users must follow a few additional rules:
- For your safety, no food preparation, food or drink storage, eating, drinking, or cooking is allowed inside the tent. Please store all food and related items in your vehicle during your stay.
- Smoking is not permitted within the tents
- Pets are not allowed in the tents
- $90/night during shoulder season and $100/night during peak season (a valid entry permit is also required)