New launch date: January 16, 2017 at 8:00 am CST
New Location! Located in the 700 section of the Wasagaming Campground.
For a unique, convenient, and comfortable camping experience, try Yurt camping in Wasagaming Campground.
What is a Yurt?
The Yurt consists of a wood frame enveloped in canvas and equipped with windows and a solid door. The Yurt is constructed on a hard wood floor and is five metres (16 feet) in diameter. Our Yurt can accommodate up to 4 adults or a family of 5. The yurt is also accessible to those with mobility impairments.
- Available May 11 - October 8, 2017
- Reservations are strongly recommended
- A damage deposit is required at the time of registration
- Maximum 4 people (exceptions may be possible for 2 adults with their dependent children to a maximum of 5 people)
- Check-in time is 3 pm
- Check-out time is 11 am
- Yurt now has electricity that includes interior lighting, small heater, and tamper-proof outlet.
What our campers are saying...
“We loved the Yurt! First-timers and would highly recommend it! Totally exceeded expectations. It’s “tenting” without completely roughing it.”
“Enjoyed our 1st stay in the Yurt! Loved RMNP and the town of Wasagaming. It was a great first camping experience for our girls, age 5 and 2! Thanks!”
What is provided?
- A skylight and solar lighting.
- Rustic log furniture inside includes a bunk bed, futon, table, four chairs, a coat rack, and an armoire.
- A picnic table, a firepit, water tap and a kitchen shelter are located near the yurt.
- A washroom and shower building is located nearby.
Firewood is available for purchase.
What to Bring?
(This list is not exhaustive)
- Sleeping bags, blankets and pillows
- Food, drinks, and a water container
- Cooking equipment, dishes, eating utensils and a cooler
- Slippers or indoor shoes (for your comfort and to keep the yurt clean)
- Matches or a lighter for lighting the outdoor firepit
- Appropriate cold weather/rain gear, depending on the season
A Few Rules
In addition to the national park’s camping regulations, Yurt campers must follow a few additional rules:
- For your safety, no food preparation, food or drink storage, eating, drinking, or cooking is allowed inside the Yurt. Please store all food and related items in your vehicle during your stay.
- Smoking is not permitted within the Yurt
- Pets are not permitted in the Yurt
- $70/night during shoulder season and $90/night during peak season (a valid entry permit is also required)
- Fee information