Reservations and Fees
Welcome to beautiful Lake O'Hara!
Availability | Reservations | Fees | Commercial Groups | Stewardship | Safety
Printable version (PDF, 217 KB)
Printable version for commercial groups (PDF, 206 KB)
Make a Reservation
Please check availability before calling. Thank you!
Lake O'Hara Reservation Line: 250-343-6433
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. AND 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
April 1 to May 31: Monday to Friday
June 1 to October 5: Daily
*All times are listed in Mountain Daylight Time; the same time as Calgary, Alberta and Golden, B.C.
When you call, please have the following information ready:
- Day or dates requested: maximum of 3 nights for camping
- Number of people: maximum of 6 people per party for day use
- Number of campsites: maximum of 2 sites per party and 1 tent per site
- Preferred in-going bus time: reservations are not required for an outgoing bus
- Mastercard, Visa, or American Express number: all fees are collected at the time of booking
Are you a commercial guided group?
||Children (5 and under) |
|Bus (outgoing only)
||$9.80 / night
||$11.70 / campsite (non-refundable) |
*Required for campers only. If you hold an annual Wilderness Pass, this fee is covered
** All fees are currently under review and are subject to change
Cancellations are received by an answering machine at 250-343-6433. Select the “Cancellation” option from the menu. Please leave your name, company name (if applicable), reservation number, credit card number and expiry date.
- An $11.70 cancellation fee is in effect for both bus and camping reservations.
- Campers who cancel their first night will forfeit their entire reservation.
- Campers with reservations for the 10:30 a.m. bus who are no-shows without notification by noon will forfeit their entire bus and camping reservation.
- Campers are not permitted to change to day user status.
An $11.70 cancellation fee is in effect for both day trips (bus) and camping reservations.
- Cancellations made before 4:00 p.m. on the fifth day prior to arrival will receive a full refund, minus the cancellation fee. For example, to cancel a reservation with a Friday arrival date, the Lake O’Hara office must be contacted before 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Cancellations made after 4:00 p.m. on the fifth day prior to arrival will receive a full refund, minus the cancellation fee and first night’s stay.
- Cancellations made after 4:00 p.m. on the day prior to arrival forfeit all fees.
- Cancellations made before 4:00 p.m. the day prior to arrival are subject to a full refund, minus the cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made after 4:00 p.m. the day prior to arrival forfeit all fees.
- Commercial cancellations made less than seven days prior to the reservation date forfeit all fees.
- Commercial cancellations made more than seven days prior to the reservation date are subject to a full refund, minus an $11.70 cancellation fee.
Companies licensed to guide visitors in Yoho National Park may conduct commercial trips in the Lake O’Hara area. Eleven bus seats per day are allocated to commercial groups. Six of these may be reserved up to three calendar months in advance of your visit on a first-come, first-served basis. The remaining five seats may only be reserved 24 hours in advance. They accommodate the needs of local alpine guides who have traditionally used the area as a poor weather mountaineering alternative.
What You Need to Know
- Licensed companies may only reserve space on the public bus within the commercial quota. The quota is for licensed guides and their paying clients only.
- Commercial reservations may only be made under licensed company names.
- Licensed companies are provided with a maximum of ten reservation bookings per calendar month.
- Maximum commercial group size is six people.
- Modifications cannot be made less than seven days prior to the original booking date.
- Companies that have obtained commercial sector reservations shall not sell or trade the space to any other commercial or private interests.
- After 10:00 a.m. daily any unused seats for that day from the three-month commercial reservation block will be released for public sale.
- You will be required to show your guided business license to the Lake O’Hara attendant at the bus.
- Guides must also carry their guide ID card on the bus when booked under the commercial quota