Driving in WINTER conditions takes extra care:
- Slow down if the road is snow-covered or if visibility is poor.
- Watch out for black ice, especially on bridges and near water.
- The use of cruise control is not recommended.
- Snow tires, all-season radials or chains are required by law for travel on all roads except Hwy #1 and #16.
- It is a good idea to equip your car with a shovel, flashlight, blanket, food and extra warm clothing.
- Cell phone reception outside of townsites is unreliable.
Drive BC - Road Conditions