Transportation to and from the West Coast Trail
Home | Challenges | Planning | Reservations | Packing | Transportation | Safety | FAQs | Related links
NOTE: Parks Canada provides this information for the convenience of hikers. It is not intended as a testimonial for the services. Hikers need to make their own arrangements for transportation.
Vehicles can be left at a number of locations near the trailheads. Ask for details at the WCT Information Centres or the Ditidaht First Nation Visitor Centre.
To Pachena Bay WCT Information Centre, 5 km south of Bamfield:
- Drive on gravel logging roads from Port Alberni (2 hrs) or Duncan (3 hrs).
- Bus from Victoria (5.5 hrs), Nanaimo (3.5 hrs), with the West Coast Trail Express.
- Ferry from Port Alberni (passengers only no vehicles) (4.5 hrs) with Lady Rose Marine Services.
To Ditidaht First Nation Visitor Centre in Nitinat Village, 80 kms southeast of Port Alberni:
- Drive on gravel logging roads from Port Alberni (2 hrs) or Duncan (2.5 hrs). See the Ditidaht First Nation website for detailed directions to Nitinat Village.
Between Nitinat Village and Nitinat Narrows:
- The Nitinat Water Taxi makes scheduled trips between Nitinat Narrows on the West Coast Trail and Nitinat Village:
- 8:30 am departure from the Nitinat Village Dock to Nitinat Narrows on the West Coast Trail.
- 5:30 pm departure from Nitinat Narrows on the West Coast Trail to Nitinat Village Dock.
Nitinat Village is a small, remote community; an overnight stay may be required. There are overnight accommodation options at the Nitinat Motel or campground.
To Gordon River WCT Information Centre, 5 km north of Port Renfrew:
- Drive from Victoria via Highway 14 (2 hrs).
- Bus from Victoria (2 hrs) with West Coast Trail Express.
Between Port Renfrew, Nitinat Village and Bamfield by road:
- Bus (3 hrs) with West Coast Trail Express.
Between Port Renfrew and Bamfield by water: