What to See
Kootenay National Park is rich in variety; from glacier-clad peaks along the Continental Divide to the dry grassy slopes of the Columbia Valley, where cactus grows.
Map of Kootenay National Park
Printable Version (PDF, 110 KB)
Points of Interest
*Denoted on the map with circles.
1. Radium Hot Springs Pools
3 km (3 min) from Radium Hot Springs
Services: wheelchair accessible, restaurant, hot pool, hiking, swimming
- Enjoy the canyon setting of this spacious facility with hot and cold pools. Soak in some history!
- Towels, bathing suits and lockers are available for rent.
- Pleiades day spa reservations: 250-347-2100.
For more information about the Radium Hot Springs Pools
2. Kootenay Valley Viewpoint
16 km (20 min) from Radium Hot Springs
Services: scenic viewpoint, interpretive signs
- Stop here for a dramatic view and snap some memories at this photogenic viewpoint!
- Explore our interpretive exhibits depicting how this stunning view has changed over time.
3. Numa Falls
80 km (50 min) from Radium Hot Springs
Services: scenic viewpoint, hiking
- Trace the path of the magnificent Vermilion River to these spectacular falls.
4. Paint Pots
85 Km (1 hr) from Radium Hot Springs
Services: wheelchair accessible, scenic viewpoint, hiking, interpretive signs
- Discover a First Nations cultural site as you stroll alongside cold, iron-rich mineral springs that bubble up into small emerald green pools before staining the earth red.
5. Marble Canyon
88 km (1 hr) from Radium Hot Springs
Services: scenic viewpoint, picnic tables, hiking, interpretive signs
- Admire dramatic colours, sights and sounds as this short trail criss-crosses the narrow gorge and takes you into the heart of a recent wildfire.
6. Continental Divide at Vermilion Pass
95 km (1.2 hr) from Radium Hot Springs, 34 km (30 min) from Banff
Services: wheelchair accessible, picnic tables, hiking, interpretive signs
- Be in two places at once! Stand on the dividing line between the Pacific and Atlantic watersheds.
- Take a short walk on the award-winning Fireweed Trail to see what a forest looks like 40 years after a major fire.
*Denoted on the maps with triangles.
Kootenay National Park Visitor Centre
Main Street East, Village of Radium Hot Springs
Parks Canada Visitor Centre, Tourism BC and the Radium Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Exhibits featuring Ktunaxa history and culture
- Friends of Kootenay gift shop
Map of the Radium Hot Springs Area