Top 10 Things To Do in Waterton in the Winter...
1. Discover the wonders of Crandell Lake or Cameron Lake on a three-hour guided snowshoe trip.
2. Go for a ski or walk on a full moon night - and hope the coyotes howl!
3. Cross-country ski the Dipper and Cameron trails to Cameron Lake and have a hot chocolate at Little Prairie picnic area.
4. Sit around a fire at the Community Kitchen and watch the big waves hit the beach.
5. Watch the sunrise from Lower Waterton Lake pull-out on the Entrance Parkway.
6. Snowshoe up and over the Akamina Pass and have a picnic on the continental divide.
7. Walk along the river between the Marquis Hole and the Hay Barn (be prepared for muddy or icy conditions).
8. Bring your skates (as once in a while the ice on the lake turns into a spectacular skating rink. Always call the warden office for ice conditions before venturing out).
9. Walk around the community on the Townsite Trail on a squeaky cold, clear and calm day; and watch for dippers below Cameron Falls.
10. Go walking or snowshoeing along the Red Rock Parkway (construction projects), Marquis Hole or Hay Barn Road and look for animal tracks in the snow.
If you have any suggestions for our lists, send an email to Top 10s
*These are personal recommendations made by residents of Waterton and Parks Canada staff in Waterton Lakes National Park.
Winter in Waterton