Realty & Municipal Services
Parks Canada is seeking one (1) resident of Jasper National Park to sit as a member of the Committee of Adjustments (Planning and Development Advisory Committee) for a term of three years. There are approximately 10 meetings per year, and an honorarium is paid per meeting.
Purpose of the Committee:
- The Planning and Development Advisory Committee will review and provide recommendations on applications for development, variances and relaxations, discretionary uses, re-zonings and subdivisions in the town of Jasper and other developed areas within Jasper National Park.
- The Advisory Committee may act as an ad hoc committee on planning and development related issues outside of the town of Jasper.
- Employees of Parks Canada or the Municipality of Jasper are not eligible for committee membership.
- Members must be residents of Jasper National Park.
- Individuals are required to provide a letter of interest that outlines their experience, qualifications and interest in being a committee member.
- Candidates may be asked to participate in an interview selection process.
- Deadline for applications is Monday, November 9, 2015 at 4 pm.
- Application letters may be submitted to Cathy Jenkins, Manager of Realty & Municipal Services, Parks Canada by the following means :
- delivered to the Jasper Heritage Railway Station, 607 Connaught Drive, Jasper;
- mailed to Cathy Jenkins, c/o Box 10, Jasper, AB, T0E 1E0;
- e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to review a copy of the committee terms of reference, contact the Jasper Development Office at 780-852-6223.
Committee of Adjustments (Planning and Development Advisory Committee)
3:30 pm, Thursday, November 19, 2015
Grand Trunk Pacific Boardroom, Jasper Heritage Railway Station
607 Connaught Drive, Jasper
- Block 20, Lot 5 – 709 Maligne Avenue - The proponent has applied to vary the maximum number of permitted washrooms.
- Block 14, Lot 21 – 106 Patricia Avenue – The proponent is constructing an addition to the residence and has applied to vary the maximum number of permitted washrooms.
- Block 3, Lot 6 – 311 Patricia Street – The proponent has applied to operate two rooms of private home accommodation, which is a discretionary use. The proponent is also requesting a variance for tandem parking.
Parties affected by these applications are invited to make written or oral presentations to the committee. Oral presentations at the meeting are limited to 5 minutes and are by appointment only. Written presentations to a maximum of 500 words may be submitted to the Development Office. To make an appointment or submit a written presentation, contact the Parks Canada Development Office at 780-852-6223 no later than 1:00 PM on Wednesday, November 18, 2015.
Development Permits and the Planning and Development Advisory Committee Notices are posted in the lobby of the Jasper Heritage Railway Station - Parks Canada administration building, 607 Connaught Drive, Jasper, and also announced on the following website:
Notice of Decision
Jasper National Park Committee of Adjustments (Planning and Development Advisory Committee)
October 21, 2015
The following projects have received Development Approval:
1. Block 35, Lot 26 - 1 Aspen Crescent - New Garage Construction
2. Parcel FW, Unit 5 - 1080 Bonhomme Street - Finishing of Basement
Anyone interested in viewing the above projects may do so by making an appointment with the Jasper Development Officer at 780-852-6223.