The Palisades Centre
The Palisades Centre is a historic ranch located 12 km east of the Municipality of Jasper. Open year-round, we rent accommodation and meeting rooms to the public. We offer education programs to people of all ages and host groups for a wide variety of events such as family reunions, retreats and workshops. Healthy, home-cooked meals are available in our Bunkhouse for groups of 12 or more. You’re only a short drive to trails and town.
The Palisades Centre is one of Jasper’s best kept secrets!
Location and Parking
The Palisades Centre is located 12 km east of the Municipality of Jasper on Yellowhead Highway 16 and Snaring Road. There is parking for up to 30 vehicles, and the area can accommodate school and commercial buses. Directions to the Palisades Centre
- Accommodation ranges from a private house for 8, to a cabin for 2, to rustic dorms for 30 people
- Potable water throughout the facility
- Towels, linens, dishes and housekeeping services
- Meals served in the Bunkhouse for a minimum of 12 people, up to 50 people in one seating
- Meeting rooms
- Wi-Fi and Smart-boards
- Mountain recreation equipment provided with Parks Canada-led education programs
- Communal fire pits and firewood
- Picnic tables
- Stone BBQ
- Stunning views in an intimate setting!
House – maximum 8 people
Icehouse – maximum 2 people
- Smithy – maximum 2 people
- Machine Shed – maximum 2 people
- Barn – maximum 36 people
- Den – maximum 28 people
The Palisades Centre sleeps a maximum of 90 people on site. Meals provided for groups of a minimum of 12 people. The Bunkhouse accommodates up to 50 people for meals in one seating.
Rates vary by facility. Please click on the facility link above for more information, or contact 780-852-6192, or email email@example.com
- For the safety of both pets and wildlife, no pets are permitted.
- Length of booking is a minimum of 2 nights and a maximum of 14 nights.
- Due to the availability of staff, it is best if guests can check in at the Palisades Centre by 4 pm.
- Quiet hours are from 11 pm to 7 am. Campfires and visitors are not permitted during this time.
- The Palisades Centre is not a campground, and therefore, no tents, campers, RVs or trailers are permitted.
- Cell phone service is available in some locations depending upon your service provider, but there are land-lines provided in each building.
- Wi-Fi is available in some locations.
- Canoes, kayaks, mountain bikes, snowshoes and skis are provided free to groups participating in Palisades Centre education programs.
Parks Canada, in partnership with the Grande Yellowhead Public School Division and Ski Marmot Basin, provides experiential education opportunities with a special focus on elementary through high school grades. However, learning experiences are available to people of all ages.
Palisades Education Programs
Marmot Learning Centre
Winter in Jasper
Jasper’s Starry Nights
Grande Yellowhead Public School Division Palisades
Marmot Learning Centre at Ski Marmot Basin