Elk Island National Park visitors sit on a log and take a break while hiking the Hayburger Trail. © Parks Canada
Trail Condition Report - Fall 2015
- Trails are cleared of fallen trees periodically.
- For more information or to report trail blockages please contact Elk Island National Park Visitor Information.
- Indoor washrooms are available at the Astotin Theatre and Visitor Centre 24 hours a day.
Park entry permits are required year round. Obtain your one-day pass from the permit kiosk at the south Entrance, Visitor Centre, or Park Administration Building.
- Weather patterns can change quickly, please be prepared.
- Keep your distance from wildlife and make noise while on the trails.
- Watch for deadfall and slippery or broken boardwalk.
- Trails are not patrolled, please ensure you are self-reliant.
- Protect your pet and park wildlife by keeping your dog on a leash.
- Please respect area and trail closures.
- Do not rely on your cell/satellite phone to get you out of trouble. Coverage is variable throughout the Park.
- You are responsible for your own safety and proper trip planning.
- Email Us at email@example.com
- Telephone: 780.922.5790
- Emergencies: RCMP/Fire/Ambulance: 911
- 24-hour emergency line: 1-877-852-3100
- Fort Saskatchewan RCMP: 780.992.6100