LEARN, DO, CONNECT, CELEBRATE!
Whether you are an individual, couple or family, local or international*, or part of a larger group visiting Banff National Park, you will find mountains of opportunities.
- PARK STEWARDS (projects include protection, education, and enhancing visitors' experiences) - for long-term locals, regional repeat visitors, and international travellers
- STEWARDSHIP ACTIVITIES (weed-pulls, litter-picks, fencewatch etc) - for short to medium-term park visitors and groups, including international travellers
- STEWARDSHIP PROJECTS (rehabilitation, research etc) - for short to medium-term individuals and groups, including international travellers
*for international travellers 18 years or older, wanting to volunteer, please see more information and apply for our International Volunteer Program through our partner, Go International. Familiarize yourself with even more information and options for travelling to, volunteering and working in Canada. Scroll down to bottom to see Go International as a recognized organization with the Government of Canada.
NEW IN 2013: FENCEWATCH - Wildlife fence monitoring & maintenance
- Research & monitoring, including “Citizen Science” projects
- Campground Hosts (working with Lake Louise / Kootenay and Yoho National Parks)
- Clean ups & facility maintenance
- Invasive weed pulls & Banff Avenue Square Garden maintenance
- Special Events – ambassadors and monitoring (Parks Canada events and 3rd party events)
- Special Programs – ambassadors and assistants (Parks Canada programs)
- Stewardship Projects / Community Service Learning – individual and groups of students fulfilling projects related to park stewardship
- Advisory - individuals and committees
APPLY NOW FOR 2014
Early Bird Deadline for Park Stewards for 2014 is November 15, 2013. Final Deadline is March 1, 2014. You can still apply after that date however preference will be given to those who make the deadline and qualify.
Download the individual application form, fill it out and email it in along with a resume to: email@example.com
Our International Volunteer Program fills up fast – apply right away!
Groups may apply throughout the year. Download the group application form, fill it out and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For inquiries or information about internships, please contact your educational institution or click the Jobs at Parks Canada link
WANT EVEN MORE?
Download this FIVE YEAR FACTSHEET for information on past successes of the Banff National Park Volunteer Program.
Enjoy this Photo Gallery of the past five years of the volunteer program, including a special thanks to all the supporters - and picture yourself here - volunteer!
Check out this video about a group doing trail work on Tunnel Mountain.
Check out this video about the past award-winning program
Check out this radio podcast about Citizen Science in Banff National Park from 2010
For opportunities in our family of parks, sites, and marine conservation areas across Canada, click here.
For volunteer opportunities in other mountain national parks