Children on a wagon ride © Parks Canada
- Join in for a game of croquet, lawn tennis or ring toss.
- Participate in crafts and races on special event days.
- Say hi to the horses, sheep, pigs and chickens in the barn.
- Play with toys in the kid's area of the new Visitor Reception Center.
- Have fun on the wooden train at the picnic area
2012 Children's Day Camps
A unique experiential 2-day program for children ages 6-12.
Children love our day camps! © Parks Canada
- Children spend each day dressed in historic costuming, helping with daily chores around the farm.
- Hired hands help children learn about WR Motherwell, historic agriculture techniques and the skills needed to survive during the settlement period.
- Activities include; period games, a traditional meal in the Stone House, ice cream and rope making, a picnic in the field, looking after farm animals, learn about draft horses and more…
- Activities may change without notice
Tuesdays & Wednesdays
July & August
- July 3 & 4, 9-12 yrs
- July 10 & 11, 6-12 yrs
- July 17 & 18, 6-9 yrs
- July 24 & 25, 9-12 yrs
- July 31 & August 1, 6-12 yrs
- August 7 & 8, 6-9 yrs
- August 14 & 15, 9-12
Reservations are mandatory; contact the Motherwell Homestead NHS by phone at (306) 333-2116 or by e-mail at Motherwell.Homestead@pc.gc.ca
- Maximum of 12 kids per camp.
- *Children day camp per youth per day $30.00 (Two day program)
Entry and service fees are charged at most national parks and national historic sites, where revenues are kept to support visitor services and facilities. This means that every time you visit a park or site you are investing in its future — and in a legacy for future generations.
Fees listed are valid from April 1, 2012 to March 31 2013. Please check back on April 1 of each year for new and updated fee information.
An Asterisk (*) indicates a new or changed fee from the previous year. All fees listed include applicable taxes and are subject to change.