Forges du Saint-Maurice National Historic Site
Meet some historical characters!
© Parks Canada
July 5, 2015, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The comité des loisirs des Vieilles Forges in collaboration with the Forges du Saint-Maurice National Historic Site
invites you to the 3rd edition of Saint-Thibault’s family picnic.
Join us and be a part of the different activities to emphasize the importance of the coalmen’s patron saint on the National Historic Site of the first Canadian industrial community.
Starting at 10 a.m.: opening of the ironmaster's house and the blast furnace
- Multimedia show every hour
- Xplorers activities
(for children of 6-12 years old)
- Rally information
10:30 a.m.: outdoor mass with Choir Notre-Dame d'Afrique
11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.:picnic and BBQ (hot-dogs sold by the comité des loisirs for $1 each), courtesy of Marché Du Boisé
11:30 a.m.: inflatable games and pedestrian rally on site with attendance prizes
- colonial militia (historical demonstration)
- demonstration of an artisanal forge with Mr. Alain Lampron
- archaeological activity for youth of 6-12 years-old
- kiosk with AFÉAS of Saint-Michel des Forges
- scouts les Éclaireurs de Saint-Michel will be on site
- free temporary tattoo offered by Parks Canada
- mascot Parka will be on site for children
2 p.m.: animation, tales and legends ride for $5, free for children of 6 and under
4 p.m.: end of the activities