Built on the south shore of the Saint Lawrence River by the British between 1865 and 1872, the Lévis Forts were designed to protect Québec against American invasion following the Civil War.
Last in a series of three detached forts and beautifully restored by Parks Canada, Fort No. 1 attests to technological innovations that were remarkable for their time.
Come on in! This rather extraordinary fortification has lots of surprises in store!