Fort Lennox National Historical Site
Nature and Outdoors
Wide Green Spaces © Parks Canada
Fort Lennox Natural Park and Picnic Area
Surrounded by greenery, Fort Lennox offers green spaces for outdoor walking enthusiasts.
Take advantage of its exceptional layout to admire nature and architecture. Take a walk around the Fort and observe its particular shape, you'll make amazing discoveries!
Various animals (woodchucks, turtles, swallows, etc.) inhabit Île aux Noix to the delight of young and old.
Picnic tables are at the disposal of visitors.
A Marmot at Fort Lennox © Parks Canada
- Dogs on leaches are allowed in the park. Only guide dogs are allowed inside of the fortifications (inside the museum).
- Fishing on the banks of Île aux Noix is forbidden.
- Wood fires on the grounds of the national historic site are forbidden.
- The park closes at 6 p.m.
- Feeding the animals is forbidden.
- Swimming is forbidden.
An Autumnal Landscape © Parks Canada
Boutiques and Services Nearby
In addition to the Fort Lennox souvenir shop, you will find restaurants, cafes and all kinds of boutiques in Saint-Paul-de-l’Île-aux-Noix.
Since the municipality is the boating capital of Quebec, boating enthusiasts will be overjoyed by the many marinas close by.