Lachine Canal National Historic Site
Work planned on the canal’s path in the Des Seigneurs sector
Montréal (Quebec), June 25, 2015 – Parks Canada wishes to inform the public that works to reconfigure the lanes of the canal’s path near Des Seigneurs Bridge will soon be taking place on the south side of the Lachine Canal National Historic Site.
The work will be carried out over 3 weeks and will help improve the conviviality of the path as well as the security of users. The Lachine Canal’s path will be marginally impacted throughout the entire work period in the Des Seigneurs sector. All users will need to circulate on the north side of the canal’s path and cyclists will also need to get off their bikes in this area.
Parks Canada asks everyone to exercise patience and caution, in addition to respecting the temporary signage.
Work by the City of Montréal on the structure of the Bonaventure Expressway
Montréal (Quebec), June 25, 2015 - The City of Montréal is continuing its work under the structure of the Brennan ramp of the Bonaventure Expressway, which will result in the complete closure of de la Commune St. between Brennan and Nazareth over the course of several weeks.
Various measures have been put in place to ensure the flow of traffic in the area as the work site progresses. The City of Montréal asks users to exercise caution and to follow the optional routes proposed by the signage.
When planning your travels, please consult http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/chantiers and communicate with the Info-Travaux Hotline for any and all questions at 514-872-3777 or 311 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction Work on Water Mains around and under the Lachine Canal, across from Parc Saint-Patrick
From September 29, 2014 to August 2015
A Skilled Worker Ensures the Maintenance Work
© Parks Canada
Montréal, September 23, 2014 – Ville de Montréal will be carrying out construction work on water pipes, mainly under the Lachine Canal and along its shorelines as well as in parc Saint-Patrick, starting September 29 and until August 2015, without any interruption during the winter.
This construction work is necessary to repair these water mains that supply a large part of the drinking water distribution network in downtown Montréal and that have been subject to numerous breaks in the past few years.
Location and nature of the construction work
This construction work consists of rebuilding the pipes and their equipment on the north and south sides as well as under the Lachine Canal. The northern and southern phases will be carried out at the same time. A new, large-diameter pipe will be inserted into the existing pipe under the canal. The area will be restored once all the work has been completed.
South sector – parc Saint-Patrick, south of the Lachine Canal:
- construction of access pits: September 2014 - February 2015
- insertion of pipe: May - July 2015
North sector (Lachine canal shoreline, on the ground of Parks Canada):
Between rue du Séminaire and rue du Square-Gallery - construction of pipes, valve chambers and other work: September 2014 - August 2015
Preliminary work will be necessary to set up the detour roads for the path along the Lachine Canal as well as other special measures (fence marking the boundaries of the worksite, signs, etc.).
This work requires cutting down 6 trees along the canal shorelines. Compensation measures have been established with Parks Canada, in accordance with Ville de Montréal's policies. The other trees there will be protected.
Path along the Lachine Canal
- Part of the path on the north side will be completely closed while the work is under way. Between rue Richmond and rue Wellington, traffic will be transferred to the south side of the canal.
- Access for cyclists and pedestrians will nevertheless be maintained between rue Richmond and rue du Séminaire (however, the path will be closed just before rue du Séminaire).
- Road signs and directional signs will be set up.
Download the plan of the detour (PDF, 1.4 Mb)
- There will be little impact on motor vehicle traffic within the perimeter of the construction work; however, rue du Square-Gallery will be partially obstructed.
- Some parking restrictions will be in force on streets in the surrounding area.
- Access to homes, commercial establishments and other buildings will be maintained at all times.
- No interruptions in drinking water are expected.
- Additional notices will be sent to you as the work progresses. Ville de Montréal is aware of the inconveniences caused by this work and thanks you in advance for your patience.
Info-Travaux hot line: 514-872-3777, 8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.,
or by email, at email@example.com
To report any situations at any other time, phone 311, mentioning that you are calling about work carried out by Ville de Montréal’s Direction de l’eau potable.
Note: To read the PDF version you need Adobe Acrobat Reader on your system.
If the Adobe download site is not accessible to you, you can download Acrobat Reader from an accessible page.
If you choose not to use Acrobat Reader you can have the PDF file converted to HTML or ASCII text by using one of the conversion services offered by Adobe.