Operated by Parks Canada, Fort Wellington National Historic Site is available to be rented by the public for special activities and events.
Fees are charged at most national parks and national historic sites, where revenues are kept to support visitor services and facilities. Site rentals for special activities and events have a place at parks and sites as they support investment in its future — and in a legacy for future generations.
Fort Wellington issues two kinds of site rental agreements, a Special Event Permit or a License of Occupation. Every site usage application request is evaluated on the type of activity or event to determine the best agreement format. The type of agreement required varies on the level of site usage requested, duration of the activity / event, and whether you will be using Fort Wellington property to generate revenue.
A brief explanation of the agreement types:
Special Event Permit
- Limited usage of Fort Wellington property
- Small number of people in attendance, usually invited guests
- Site usage is for a short period of time, one day or less
- If event is open to the public, no admission fee is charged
- Gala / Regimental Dinners
- Meetings (Business or public)
License of Occupation
- Commercial usage – renter is performing business activities on Fort Wellington grounds
- Open to the public where an admission fee is charged
- Public or private event where renter wishes to allow additional 3rd parties to perform business activities on Fort Wellington grounds
- Extensive site usage or usage is requested for more than one day
- Show where merchandise / products are sold (Art / Craft / Wine show)
- Event with kiosks where products are being sold (Fair / Flea Market)
- Event with food trucks / kiosks selling wares
- Event with more than 1000 people expected to attend
- Festivals / Concerts – where entry tickets are sold to general public
In addition to site rentals, Fort Wellington is open to working with for profit organisations, not-for-profit organisations and individuals on joint initiatives that support Parks Canada’s mandate and benefit the Canadian public.
Service / Location
$75.00 / hour (2 hour minimum)
$100.00 / hour (2 hour minimum)
Interior Fort Grounds
$125.00 / hour (2 hour minimum)
$200.00 / hour (2 hour minimum)
Theatre Room (max 30 people)
$30.00 / hour (2 hour minimum)
Additional After Hours Security Fee
40.00 (2 hour minimum)
Waste Removal (small events)
$5.00 (per bag, MAX 10 bags)
Rental Application Administration Fee
Damage deposit (refunded if site is left in original condition)
Please contact Fort Wellington for additional information or with any questions you may have.