Fort George National Historic Site
The Overnight Program at Fort George is one of the most memorable experiences that a group can have. Students use a period barracks space (segregated quarters, heated space with foam mattresses) and are issued with redcoats, and perform some duties of 1812 soldiers. Groups have a choice of three workshops in the afternoon: (Artillery, Drill, Fortifications, Music, Trades, Uniforms, Weapons) some free time and choice of two workshops in the evening (Game] or 1812 Role Play] [optional]). Three meals (lunch, dinner and breakfast) are provided by a caterer. There are modern washroom facilities (including showers) very close to the barracks. Security in the evening is provided by a security guard.
Small schedule changes may occur to accommodate your group's Site Tour at an optimal time. Workshops are chosen by the teacher.
Day 1 Overnight Schedule
|10:30 - 11:00
||Arrival, payment (cheque payable to the Friends of Fort George),orientation video, meet staff.|
|11:00 - 11:30
||Group is taken to the Barracks, coat issue, rules and regulations.|
|11:30 - 12:00
||Foot drill, marching|
|12:00 - 1:00
||Lunch(provided) followed by barracks inspection|
|1:00 - 2:00
||Site tour + musket firing|
|2:00 - 2:45
|2:45 - 3:00
|3:00 - 3:45
|3:45 - 4:00
|4:00 - 4:45
||Workshop 3 [Drill ]|
|4:45 - 5:45
||Free time [Games optional]|
|5:45 - 6:00
|6:00 - 7:00
|7:00 - 8:30
||Barracks Lore or Games|
|8:30 - 9:30
||Lights out [teacher's discretion]|
|7:30 - 8:00
||Reveille, washroom time, Barracks inspection|
|8:00 - 8:30
|8:30 - 9:00
||Pack up, clean barracks, stow gear. - departure.|
- The Overnight Program runs from 10:30 am until 9:30 am the next day
- Minimum for this program is 25; maximum is 60.
- A $200.00 deposit is required at the time of booking
- A list of workshops is available when booking this programme.
- We offer reduced prices for chaperones once the minimum of twenty-five (25) full-price participants have registered.
- All participants bring their own sleeping bags and pillows; no bed linens provided
For information or bookings call (905) 468 6614.