Grand Pré National Historic Site of Canada

Historic photo of the Herbin Cross taken in 1916.
The Herbin Cross, circa 1916
© Parks Canada / Société Promotion Grand-Pré
The Herbin Cross A modern photo of the Herbin Cross
© Parks Canada

Herbin Cross

In 1907, John Frederic Herbin purchased the land believed to be the site of Saint-Charlesdes-Mines Church to preserve it for the Acadian community.

He erected a stone cross on the site of the old cemetery.