Book a School Program
To book a school program, call 604-513-4799 or contact us via email at email@example.com.
Have the following information ready when you call:
- Choice of several dates and times: Morning (9:30 am – 11:30 am) or Afternoon (12:00 pm – 2:00 pm)
- Number of students and adult chaperones
- School mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Name of Program
- Language of program: Request service in English, French or a mix of both languages
Youth (6-16): $3.90
Adults (17+): $6.55
- One adult (including teachers and parent chaperones) per five students is free. Special Education Assistants also receive free entry.
Additional adults: $6.55
Forms of payment: school cheque, credit or debit card, or cash on the day of the field trip
How Fort Langley’s Challenge Programs Work
All of our school programs have now transitioned to a team challenge approach, which has proven to be engaging and to align with current pedagogical approaches.
Teachers divide students into “brigade” team groupings. At the beginning of the program, one of our staff gives an introduction to all the students, then distributes different “challenge cards” to each brigade. Brigades led by students, or by teachers or parent helpers for primary classes, go and complete the hands-on challenge, then report back to the staff person to give their answers, and to earn wooden tokens for completing their quest. Then they get their next challenge card. At the secondary level, teams often want to get competitive and count the number of tokens, but everyone is a winner at Fort Langley!
Prepare for your Field Trip
Before the Visit
- When you book, we will assign you a set number of “brigades” – or groups of about 15 students – into which you need to organize your students. Plan your brigade groupings in advance, and assign a parent helper to each group.
- Programs run rain or shine, with both indoor and outdoor activities: dress for the weather. In June some years, insect repellent may be needed.
- Ask our staff about other experiences to extend your stay such as overnight programs or learning experiences at neighbouring attractions.
- Check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled program time.
- While students have a snack outside the Visitor Centre, bring your brigade leaders inside along with your final numbers and payment for orientation.
- Please assist us in delivering the best experience for your students: encourage adult leaders to model active listening, to silence cell phones, and take necessary phone calls or conversations with other parents outside while programs are in progress.
- Adult chaperones are required at all times while exploring the fort, visitor centre and gift shop.
Washrooms and Lunch Facilities
- Washrooms are located in the Visitor’s Centre and lelem’ at the fort Café.
- lelem’ at the fort is open the same hours as the fort, and is a great place for adults to purchase coffee or food. Catering is available for school groups. Please call Jill Syme for information at 604-343-9277 or by cell at 778-245-2740 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Picnic areas and indoor eating space are available.