We value the generous contribution of time, effort and skills made by everyday Canadians just like you. We invite you to share in our work, get behind the scenes, learn something new and make a difference. See below for ways to get involved.
Volunteer Appreciation Day
Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 1-3pm
In honour of National Volunteer Week, April 10-16, we would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to all the awesome volunteers who have helped out at Fort Langley National Historic Site over the years.
Volunteer Appreciation Day will be Saturday, April 16, 2016 from 1-3 pm. Please RSVP to Andrew at email@example.com or 604-513-4782.
© Parks Canada
Fort Langley National Historic Site’s overnight camping experience offers a taste of life similar to that of the Hudson’s Bay Company traders who established the fort. Campground hosts provide a welcoming and safe environment for campers who stay in oTENTiks, a cross between an A-frame cabin and a prospector tent.
Who we’re looking for
- You are friendly and outgoing and have your own RV.
- You enjoy camping, history, nature and sharing your knowledge and stories with others.
What you’ll be doing
- Welcoming campers and providing information about site facilities, services, and what to see and do in the area.
- Promoting good camping practices.
- Liaising with staff to help ensure a safe and comfortable environment.
How you’ll make a difference
- Help to create an unforgettable camping experience by making people feel welcome, safe and connected to Fort Langley National Historic Site.
- Contribute to new campers’ appreciation and enjoyment of the great outdoors.
What’s in it for you?
- A unique opportunity to discover Fort Langley National Historic site and the picturesque town of Fort Langley.
- Complimentary RV parking on site for the duration of your stay.
- Meeting new people from across Canada and the world.
- 5 hours per day
- 5 days per week
- Minimum 2 – 4 weeks
- Between May and September 2016
For more information and to apply,
or call 604.513.4799.
For information on opportunities at other Parks Canada places on Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland and across the country, click on the links below.
Pacific Rim National Park Reserve
Gulf Islands National Park Reserve
Fort Rodd Hill & Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites
Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site
National volunteer opportunities