Host an unforgettable birthday party for your child at BC’s birthplace!
» Learn more
NEW! Join the Company of Adventurers. Families wanted! Bring your sense of adventure and play the part of an 1800s Hudson’s Bay Company worker.
» Start your adventure here.
Enhance your site visit with an audio tour, now available in English, French, Chinese, Japanese, German and Spanish.
(January 5 – March 6, 2015)
Watch our blacksmith bend steel! © Parcs Canada
Discover the roots of this 1827 Hudson's Bay Company fur trade post where British Columbia was proclaimed, and find out how Fort Langley influenced the course of Canada's history. Next, explore the site, including the following activities:
- Climb the rustic bastion towers, and enjoy a peaceful view of the Fraser River.
- Get the complete story with our audio tour. Audio tour wands are available at the Visitor Centre, and are available in English, French, Chinese, German, Japanese and Spanish.
- Hear the clang of the anvil at the blacksmith shop.
- Pan for gold and build the walls of the playhouse.
- Families, participate in the Parks Canada Xplorers program, packed with fun activities. Kids will receive a certificate and a souvenir as tokens of their success.
Mondays to Fridays
11:00 am – Historic Treasures - meet our Collections Officer and see a variety of artifacts from the site's collection.
3:00 pm - Blacksmithing– hear the clang of the anvil and watch our blacksmith bend steel!
4:30 pm – Closing Time at the Trading Post - witness the lowering of the flag with song.
Saturdays and Sundays
11:00 am and 2:00 pm - Introductory Tour– join a short tour providing a synopsis of Fort Langley's story.
12:30 pm - Blacksmithing– hear the clang of the anvil and watch our blacksmith bend steel!
3:00 pm – Coopering - watch a coopering demonstration and learn how barrels were made.
4:30 pm - Closing Time at the Trading Post – witness the lowering of the flag with song.