The Top 10 Romantic activities in Canada's National Parks and National Historic Sites
With February around the corner, we've begun thinking about special activities we can do with our loved one to celebrate Valentine's Day. Canada's national parks and national historic sites offer a wide range of romantic getaways to make everyday feel like Valentine's Day. Here are some ideas:
1. Try the new cross-country skiing trail in the snowy Decoigne area at Jasper National Park and stop at our group fire pit to snuggle up and enjoy the scenery.
Group Cross Country Skiing at Jasper National Park© Parks Canada
2. Go down in history as the best date ever. Fort Langley National Historic Site is proud to present a brand new dine-and-tour program - Pioneering Love. This completely one of a kind experience will leave you two talking about the experience for weeks to come.
3. Ever been to Grand-Pré National Historic Site in the winter? It's a great place to snowshoe! You could pair this with some delicious wine tasting at one of the nearby vineyards.
Grand Pré National Historic Site - Winter Scenery© Parks Canada
4. Travel the roller coaster Cabot Trail through Cape Breton Highlands National Park then celebrate your love at a Celtic kitchen party to the tune of wicked-fast fiddlers.
Winter View from Car Window of Cabot Trail© Parks Canada / Réjean Aucoin
5. Find your inner kid and go sliding at the Headquarters area of Fundy National Park, the perfect spot to feel the wind on your cheeks and to break away from the everyday.
6. Snowshoe at Quebec's La Mauricie National Park and curl up together in front of a woodstove in an oTENTik for a hassle-free winter camping experience.
Couple snowshoeing in front of icy cliff - La Mauricie National Park© Parks Canada
7. Hold hands and smell the salty air on a walk along the wide, endless beaches of Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.
Pacific Rim National Park Reserve - Couple Kissing in Sunset© Parks Canada
8. Baby, if it's cold outside, hop into the open-air Upper Hot Springs in Banff National Park amid a snow covered landscape.
Upper Hot Springs Pool - Banff National Park© Parks Canada
9. Avoid overcrowded restaurants, stay home and surprise your loved one with a delicious meal found on Parks Canada Heritage Gourmet App.
10. Skate hand-in-hand in the evening under the twinkling lights of Ottawa along the Rideau Canal National Historic Site, and stop for a hot chocolate en route.
Couple Skating on Rideau Canal Skateway© Ottawa Tourism
And why not one more for good luck...
11. Let your love for each other ignite while you snuggle up by the bonfire after twirling your sweetheart around on the new skating rink at Cave and Basin National Historic Site.
Parka skating at Cave and Basin National Historic Site© Parks Canada