1800s First Nations people introduce members of the Hudson's Bay and North West Companies to three hot springs located on Sulphur Creek, a tributary of Fiddle River.
1910 A crude pack trail, accessible on foot or by horseback, attracts only the most determined bathers.
1913 Construction of a makeshift log bathhouse and sleeping shelter.
Original swimming pool circa 1950 © Parks Canada / Exposures, Keith Allen Photography Inc. / Harry Rowed / 1022, circa 1950
1919 Striking coal miners from the nearby community of Pocahontas build a temporary bathhouse and two sweat houses.
1934 The increasing popularity of the hot springs in Jasper National Park prompts the construction of a proper road and a permanent aqua court with facilities similar to those found at the Banff Upper Hot Springs. Built as a depression unemployment relief project, several hundred men work on the construction, which is completed in 1938.
1986 Construction of a new facility about a kilometre from the original building. The old ruins of the original bath house still stand for those who wish to walk up the valley to see the source of the hot springs.