The following service standards will guide the timely delivery of the program:
Making information available is an important part of our business. Accordingly, the program will:
- communicate in the official language of the applicant's choice;
- provide service during regular business hours, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in all Canadian time zones, through the 1-800 toll-free service and e-mail address;
- provide information, upon request, in multiple formats.
Depending on the nature of the enquiry, response times will vary. To ensure prompt service, the Program will:
- return an applicant's phone call within 2 business days of receipt;
- acknowledge receipt or answer an e-mail within 2 business days and a letter received by mail or fax within 5 business days of receipt;
- fill basic information requests within 2 business days of receipt;
- advise applicants of any change in delivery time, and clearly explain the reason for the change.
Our goal is to acknowledge receipt of an application form within 15 calendar days of receiving a signed and completed application form.
Our goal is to advise applicants in writing of the Agency’s decision pertaining to the eligibility of the applicant for further processing, within 30 business days of receiving a signed and completed application form.
Our goal is to issue official written notification of the funding decision within 6 months of the program’s application deadline date OR to inform the applicants within that timeframe of any additional processing time that may be required.
Our goal is to conclude the contribution agreement within 90 days of the written notification of conditional funding.
Our goal is to issue payments within 28 calendar days of the successful fulfillment of requirements outlined in the contribution agreement.
Our performance target is to meet these standards for 90% of files. The achievement of these service standards is a shared responsibility and requires that all required documentation is submitted by applicants/recipients in a timely fashion, as requested by the program.