NEW! The Guidelines and Application Forms are now available for the next application round. The deadline to submit an application is Monday, January 27, 2014.
Parks Canada's National Historic Sites Cost-Sharing Program ("the Program") helps ensure the commemorative integrity of non-federally owned or administered national historic sites through financial contributions. The Program supports the Parks Canada Agency's mandate of protecting and presenting places of national historic significance, and fostering the public's understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of these places in ways that ensure their commemorative integrity for present and future generations. A national historic site possesses commemorative integrity when: the resources directly related to the reasons for designation as a national historic site are not impaired or under threat; the reasons for designation as a national historic site are effectively communicated to the public; and, the site's heritage values (including those not related to the reasons for designation as a national historic site) are respected in all decisions and actions affecting the site.
For 2014-2015, please note that:
- Applications must be submitted by or postmarked no later than January 27, 2014.
- Selected projects must take place between April 1, 2014, and March 31, 2015.
- Total funding available under the Program will be approximately $1,000,000.
- Preference may be given to those who have not received funding from the Program in the last five years.
- As Canada prepares to celebrate the sesquicentennial anniversary of Confederation in 2017, we encourage you to consider submitting requests for projects of particular importance to your communities that may be linked to key milestones in Canada's history. Assessment of proposals is always based on the Program's assessment criteria, however preference may be given to projects linked to significant national anniversaries that will be celebrated in the next few years, including events such as:
- the Centennial of the first Canadian scientific expedition to the Arctic (2013-18)
- the 150th anniversary of the Charlottetown and Quebec Conferences (2014)
- significant events related to the First and Second World Wars
- the bicentennial of Sir John A. Macdonald's birth (January 11, 2015)
- the 175th anniversary of the birth of Sir Wilfrid Laurier (November 20, 2016)
- the bicentennial of the end of the War of 1812 (December 24, 2014)
- the 100th anniversaries celebrating women's suffrage and allowing women to vote (2016)
- the Centennial of the Battles of the Somme and Beaumont-Hamel (2016)
- the 150th anniversary of Confederation (2017)
- the Centennial of the Battles of Vimy Ridge and Passchendaele (2017)
- the Centennial of the National Hockey League (2017)
- the 50th anniversary of the Canada Games (2017)
- the 75th anniversary of the Dieppe Raid (2017)
- to mark a 100th anniversary or greater, in increments of 25 years (e.g., 125th, 150th), of importance to your national historic site.
Please consult the Program's guidelines:
Program Guidelines (PDF Version, 294 KB)
- Funding Application (DOC 1.85 MB, PDF 234 KB)
- Project Timeline and Budget (EXCEL 134 KB, PDF 57 KB)
National Historic Sites Cost-Sharing Program
25 Eddy Street (25-5-P), Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5