During the Holidays, a multitude of activities are held at Parks Canada protected sites. Here are a few suggestions, but be sure to contact your local visitor reception centre for more information. Choices abound! What are you waiting for?
- If you enjoy birdsong in winter, don’t miss the international Christmas Bird Count. This activity is held across Canada, including in the national parks of Waterton Lakes, Elk Island, Jasper, Banff, Yoho, Kluane, Point Pelee and Riding Mountain, to name but a few.
- Experience the magic of the season at the Sir George-Étienne Cartier National Historic Site from November 16 to December 23! And don’t miss the video.
- Do you live in the Eastern Townships of Quebec? Don’t miss the Comptonales Old-Time Christmas Market at the Louis S. St. Laurent National Historic Site. Just to give you an idea . . .
- Celebrate a traditional Christmas at Lower Fort Garry National Historic Site! Sleigh rides, carolling, crafts and a lot more await you!
- Do you have a penny? Keep it for the New Year, but first watch this story about the Lachine Canal.
- Hey, kids! Here’s an exclusive interview with Santa Clause himself!
On behalf of Parks Canada, we wish you Happy Holidays!